Call for YAG Board and Committee Members
Youth Advocates Ghana (YAG) is a youth-led Non Governmental Organization (NGO) located at Nsawam, Eastern Region, Ghana. We are currently seeking candidates for positions on our Board of Directors, as well as new members for our board committees. We are looking for individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds who are interested in helping us fulfill our mission of increasing access to sexual reproductive health information and services for young people, support the educational needs of vulnerable children and to equip young people with knowledge and skills for job creation. These are unpaid, volunteer positions. This position is open to local and international members from any country.
The Board of Directors are responsible for the overall mission-based and strategic governance of the organization and are key decision makers in the policy, procedure and overall general health of the organization. Board members are required to attend a monthly board meeting or otherwise agreed by the board. International members can join board meetings visa Skype or other online meeting platforms.
Collectively, the board helps to:
Implement and renew the YAG strategic and operating plans
• Seek funding for the program
• Oversee the hiring of staff
• Work with the management on program planning and organizational development
• Various other activities related to administering YAG programming.
We are seeking individuals with:
• Experience with or interest in the challenges facing street, vulnerable and orphan children.
• A willingness and commitment to get to know the organization and the environment in which it operates.
• Special skills or aptitudes in areas such as accounting, human resources, legal advisory, fundraising, community development,education,health etc.
• Openness to learning
• Ability to work as a team
• Sincere heart to serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements YAG’s strategic plan
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their resumes/CV and a short statement of why they want to join the YAG Board.
For further enquiries, please call 0242842833 or 0206077870.
Deadline: 15th December, 2016